[xcrysden] Error when open a .xcrysden file

Saleem Hasan saleemhasan at cox.net
Wed Mar 12 01:19:05 CET 2014

Hello All,

I am new to xcrysden and running xcrysden 1.5.53 on cygwin Windows XP (32bit). I am getting the following error when I try to open a saved .xcrysden file.

ERROR: An Error occured, while reading XSF file
/home/hasan/xcrys_tmp/xc_3128/xc_xsf.3128.raw

When I opened an xcrysden example xsf file and saved it with  Current State and Structure, I was able to open it later. I then created an xsf file from one of the 2D grid examples on the xcrysen website. I opened it in xcrysden and then saved it as a .xcrysden file. When I try to open the file either from the graphical interface or by running xcrysden -s filename.xcrysden, I get the above error. I checked to make sure that the xcrys_tmp directory exists.

Thank you for your help.

Saleem