[xcrysden] Xcrysden on 64bit Windows 8.1

c00jsh00 at nchc.narl.org.tw c00jsh00 at nchc.narl.org.tw
Wed May 21 02:25:26 CEST 2014

Dear Dr. Kokalj,

Recently CYGWIN provides 32-bit and 64-bit versions for installation.

On 64-bit Windows 8.1, one can choose to install either one or both version
of Cygwin.

Xcrysden works fine under 32-bit Cygwin/CygwinX, but the program does
not open the graphic user interface under 64-bit Cygwin/CygwinX.

The benefit of 64-bit Cygwin/CygwinX allows programs to use memory larger
than 4GB, so it is desirable to have a 64-bit version of Xcrysden.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Jyh-Shyong Ho, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
National Center for High Performance Computing
Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC