[xcrysden] XCrysDen - for opening fort.9 files (crystal09)

Sanda B sandabotis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:10:45 CET 2014

Dear all,

I have compiled and installed the new version of XCrysDen (1.5.60).
My goal is to use XCrysDen to open fort.9 files (generated with Crystal09)
and select a kpath that I can later use for band structure calculations.
The problem that I am facing is the following:
- I open XCrysDen, (File-Open Crystal) and the Open Crystal option is not
available.
What can I do?
My only available options are Open Structure, Open PWscf, Open
WIEN2k.Anyone else out there with the same issue? Do you create a structure
file from the last optimized geometry and open it as a structure file?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.