[xcrysden] xcrysden-1.5.60 not opening .struct files

Martin Kroeker martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 28 12:03:52 CET 2015

> Error in startup script: error renaming "Si216}.xcr": no such file or directory
The "proc FileHead" in Tcl/auxil.tcl appears to return a brace that was not in the
original filename. At first glance it is not clear to me why that
procedure is not simply written as

proc FileHead file {
    set filehead [file rootname $file]
    regsub -all { } $filehead \. filehead

    return $filehead
}

So if you feel adventurous you could try modifying that part of
auxil.tcl accordingly.

Hope this helps
Martin
Dr. Martin Kroeker            martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
c/o Prof.Dr. Caroline Roehr
Institut fuer Anorganische und Analytische Chemie der Universitaet Freiburg