[xcrysden] XCrySDen windows fail to show up

Pascal Boulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Wed Jan 28 22:43:48 CET 2015

Dear all,

I have installed XCrySDen v. 1.5.24 (semi-shared) on my MAC OS Darwin laptop. I have solved a couple of library-related issues but now I facing a problem with X11 (I guess). I have installed XQuartz. The error message is:

Executing: /usr/local/XCrySDen-1.5.24-bin-semishared/bin/ftnunit
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xffffffff
  Serial number of failed request:  560

I have seen a similar message in the XCrySDen mailing-list that dates back to 2012, but there seems to be no answer to this question. Does anyone have encountered this before?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Best regards

Pascal Boulet

pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr