[xcrysden] Trouble installing, running

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Thu Mar 12 10:30:16 CET 2015

I tried the xcrysden semishared binary package on Fedora 12 installed on
a USB stick, and it worked fine for me.

If it helps, below are my notes:

1. Go to: https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/
2. Download: Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-21-5.iso
3. Go to: http://linuxliveusb.com/
4. Download: LinuxLive USB Creator 2.9.2.exe
5. Run: LinuxLive USB Creator 2.9.2.exe
a. Click OK
b. Click Next
c. Click Install
d. Click Next
e. "Run LinuxLive USB Creator" should be checked, then click Finish
6. In LinuxLive USB Creator:
a. For Choose Your Key, select the USB stick
b. For Choose a Source, select ISO/IMG/ZIP, and select
Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-21-5.iso
c. For Persistence, select 2000 MB
d. Click the lightning icon to start the creation of the bootable USB stick
7. Boot from the USB stick
a. Select persistence mode
b. Select Try Fedora
8. Open a terminal and perform the following:

[liveuser at localhost ~]$ wget
http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xcrysden-1.5.60-linux_x86_64-semishared.tar.gz
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ tar xvf
xcrysden-1.5.60-linux_x86_64-semishared.tar.gz
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ cd xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-semishared/scripts/
[liveuser at localhost scripts]$ ./xcConfigure.sh
    Used defaults
    Do you have a CRYSTAL package ([y]es/[n]o): n
    Is this correct ([y]es/[n]o): y
    Would you like to add xcrysden icon to the desktop ([y]es/[n]o): y
[liveuser at localhost scripts]$ source ~/.bashrc
[liveuser at localhost xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-semishared]$ xcrysden
/home/liveuser/xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-semishared/bin/xcrys: error while
No such file or directory

[liveuser at localhost scripts]$ sudo yum install libXScrnSaver
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y

Reference: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=296176

[liveuser at localhost xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-semishared]$ xcrysden
error while loading shared libraries: libquadmath.so.0: cannot open

liveuser at localhost scripts]$ sudo yum install libquadmath

Is this ok [y/d/N]: y

[liveuser at localhost scripts]$ xcrysden