[xcrysden] Error making animation in xcrysden 1.5.60 on ubuntu 16.04

Allen Majewski majewski at phys.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 7 05:16:14 CET 2016

Hi all,

error message text:  http://pastebin.com/raw/AJvvx6s4
Error making animation of PWSCF outfile
XCrysDen version: 1.5.60
Tkinter version: 8.6
python version: 2.7.12
OS: Ubuntu 16

There is an error using XCrysDen 1.5.60 to create an animation of a pwo
(pwscf output) file.  The animation appears to be recording, however this
error is thrown <http://pastebin.com/raw/AJvvx6s4>when I click "Save" in
the dialogue that appears after clicking "Stop recording and save." I
repeated the error on two different machines with different hardware, but
the same software.

*The error does not occur on another machine running ubuntu 12.04, the same
version of XCrysDen with python 2.7.2 with Tkinter.TkVersion == 8.5.*

I have looked hard but cannot figure out how to fix this.  I'm afraid to
roll back my python version ... that would undoubtedly cause me some
problems.

Best,

Allen Majewski
Physics Department