[xcrysden] Reg: Limit of maximum number of number of K points to plot Fermi surfaces for different structures

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 10 15:21:35 CET 2016

Yes, there is for sure a limit, both with the number of k-points and
with the number of bands (eigenvalues).
The parsing of the output files is done via some auxiliary fortran programs.

You have to get also the xcrysden source code and check the fortran
files. (I'm abroad presently and cannot check which of the fortran
source files you have to modify, but it should be obvious from the
name). Look into the source and increase the dimensions.
Since these are very old programs, there is no dynamic allocation in the
code and for memory reasons the parameters were kept very small at that
time.