[xcrysden] Fwd: venky error while using xcrysden_error in running at cygwin

venkatesh chandragiri venkyphysicsiitm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 14:33:51 CEST 2016

Dear Dr.*Matic Poberznik*

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right. I have installed x server in the
windows and run the xcrsyden again. Now, I am not getting the same problem.
But, again there is another bug as given below,

Executing: /cygdrive/e/Downloads/xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-shared/bin/ftnunit
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 3
    ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
    Serial number of failed request: 747
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 3
    ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
    Serial number of failed request: 749
*Error in startup script: Togl: couldn't get visual*
    while executing
"togl .mesa  -width          400  -height         400  -ident
 .mesa  -rgba           true   -redsize        1      -greensize      1
 -blu..."
    (procedure "PlaceGlobWin" line 105)
    invoked from within
"PlaceGlobWin 0 [expr round(650 * $fac1)] [expr round(650 * $fac1)]"
    (procedure "ViewMol" line 25)
    invoked from within
"ViewMol ."
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $argv] > 2 } {
    parseComLinArg [lrange $argv 2 end]
} else {
    ViewMol .
}"
    (file "/cygdrive/e/Downloads/xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-shared/Tcl/xcInit.tcl"
line 609)
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 12
    ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
    Serial number of failed request: 752
Prof. Tone Kokalj, as given in the link below.

http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2005-October/000222.html

I have created <togl.tcl> file and found the error as given below

$ $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/bin/xcrys togl.tcl

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 3
    ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
    Serial number of failed request: 30
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 3
    ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
    Serial number of failed request: 32
Error in startup script: Togl: couldn't get visual
    while executing
"togl .t \
    -rgba           true  \
    -redsize        1     \
    -greensize      1     \
    -bluesize       1     \
    -double         true  \
..."
    (file "togl.tcl" line 2)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now, I am requesting the users to suggest me which are the problematic
option(s) that are removed from the <Viewer.tcl> file. I removed entire
line

set mesaWid [togl .mesa \
                         -width          400 \
                         -height         400 \
                         -ident          .mesa \
                         -rgba           true  \
                         -redsize        1     \
                         -greensize      1     \
                         -bluesize       1     \
                         -double         true  \
                         -depth          true  \
                         -depthsize      1     \
                         -accum          true  \
                         -accumredsize   1     \
                         -accumgreensize 1     \
                         -accumbluesize  1     \
                         -accumalphasize 1     \
                         -alpha          false \
                         -alphasize      1     \
                         -stencil        false \
                         -stencilsize    1     \
                         -auxbuffers     0     \
                         -overlay        false \
                         -stereo         $stereo \
                         -time           100   ]

and run the xcrysden again. But still a bug regarding to the mesa comes.

Hence, which options I should remove the <Viewer.tcl> file

thanks

venkatesh