[xcrysden] problem on cygwin

Matic Poberznik matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:20:06 CEST 2016

Dear Uttam,

> thanks for your kind suppoort. I am compiling xcrsyden-1.5.53-cygwin on
> cygwin with X server. When i run ./xcrysden then found following error

I suggest you try the most recent package that has been pre-compiled for
cygwin (i.e version 1.5.60 instead of 1.5.53). You can find it here:

http://www.xcrysden.org/Download.html

choose the package:  xcrysden-1.5.60-cygwin.tar.gz

When unpacked, the directory should have the name:

xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-shared and not XcrySDen-1.4.1bin-shared

> Error in startup script: *conflicting versions provided for package*
> "Tk": 8.5.18, then 8.5
>     while executing
> "package provide Tk $tk_version"
>     (file "/cygdrive/c/XcrySDen-1.4.1bin-shared/Tcl/xcInit.tcl" line 400)

The error itself seems to come from conflicting tcl-tk package versions.
If the problem persists with the new version try to uninstall and
reinstall that package with apt-cyg.

Best Regards,

Matic

--
Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia