[xcrysden] Supercell with sides not parallel to unit cell sides

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Oct 4 18:06:31 CEST 2017

XCrySDen is for "viewing" crystal structures.  I could be wrong, but I
don't think it has much functionality for being a crystal structure
"editor".

Did you buy and add the crystal extension to XCrySDen?  I haven't use
it, but it looks like crystal is an editor:

http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/crystal.html

You could probably edit the xsf files by hand, but that is probably not
something that you want to do:

http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/XSF.html

If you are using WIEN2k, the WIEN2k usersguide [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf ]
describes "x supercell" and the structeditor.

I haven't tried it because of the cost, but I think some people use
Crystal Maker:

http://www.crystalmaker.com/crystalmaker/index.html

If you are using another program (VASP, etc.), I don't have much
experience with them, so you would have to ask the communities (forums
or mailing lists) to find out what editors they use.