[xcrysden] help me to re-orient the crystal lattice

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Sep 12 11:33:12 CEST 2017

Dear Venkatesh,

I am not sure I understand what you would like to do and moreover your
attached XSF file is a molecular/cluster file without any unit-cell
vectors info.

The easiest way to rotate crystal structure is to convert the Cartesian
coordinates to crystal coordinates. Then you only need to rotate the
unit-cell vectors the way you find fit. If needed then you convert the
crystal coordinates back to Cartesian coordinates.

Best regards, Tone
--
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax: +386-1-251-9385)