[xcrysden] problems with pwo2xsf.sh

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu Sep 6 18:26:34 CEST 2018

Dear developers

I've recently updated my debian 8 desktop to debian 9. Any attempt to
open a QE-6.2.1 pw.x output file with the freshly installed (from
debian repos) xcrysden 1.5.60 fails. In particular, xcrysden seems to
be not able anymore to read initial/final/latest/animation
coordinates, while it is still able to open pw.x input files.
Moreover, the same behavior affect now my older 1.5.21 semishared
version, previously installed (and perfectly working) in debian 8.
I've already tried to install the 1.5.60 semishared version on debian
9, with the same problem.

The xcrysden error is reported below

/usr/share/xcrysden/scripts/pwo2xsf.sh: 1:
/usr/share/xcrysden/scripts/pwo2xsf.sh: bc: not found

Thank you in advance for your attention
Giuseppe Mattioli

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316