[xcrysden] New XCRYSDEN version: 1.6.2

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Dec 30 15:49:04 CET 2019

Tone,

Thanks for the new XCrySDen version. It looks like the new 1.6.2 version
has the WIEN2k k-point improvement [1] and a gfortran 8.2.0 fix [2].
Even though, I'm not seeing it mentioned on the News webpage [3].

It looks like the popular Linux precompiled semishared version is not
available for 1.6.2.  It took me some time to figure out what packages I
needed for Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS to install it from the source code
instead, but the install went smoothly after that.  If it helps other
Ubuntu users, the packages I had to install to build it are listed below:

In a Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS terminal, entered the commands:

cd ~
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libquadmath0 gfortran build-essential libglu1-mesa-dev
libtogl-dev tcl-dev tk-dev libfftw3-dev libxmu-dev
wget http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xcrysden-1.6.2.tar.gz
tar xvf xcrysden-1.6.2.tar.gz
cd xcrysden-1.6.2
cp ./system/Make.sys-shared Make.sys