[xcrysden] swrast driver error

Juanjo Meléndez melendez at unex.es
Thu Feb 28 18:36:11 CET 2019

Dear all:

I have installed the shared version of XCrysDen-1.5.60. Everything went on fine, apparently, as I found the executable. It actually starts to run, but then I get the message:

Executing: /home/bloch/xcrysden-1.5.60/bin/ftunit
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
       	Major opcode of failed request: 3
      	ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
       	Serial number in failed request: 787
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
   	Major opcode of failed request: 3
   	ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
   	Serial number in failed request: 789
Error in startup script: Togl: couldn’t get visual
	while executing
“togl  .mesa   -width   400 -height  400 -ident  .mesa  -rgba true  -redsize  1  -greensize 1 -blu…”
	(procedure “PlaceGlobWin” line 105)
	invoked from within
“PlaceGlobWin 0 [expr round(650 * $fac1)] [expr round(650 * $fac1)]”
	(procedure “ViewMol” line 25)
	invoked from within
“ViewMol .”
	invoked from within
“if { [llength $argv] > 2} {
	parseComLinArg [lrange $argv 2 end]
} else {
	ViewMol .
}”
	(file “/home/bloch/xcrysden-1.5.60/Tcl/xcInit.tcl” line 609)
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
   	Major opcode of failed request: 12
   	ResourceID in failed request: 0xffffffff
   	Serial number in failed request: 792

I have googled the first error, and found that it might be related to broken symbolic links to libGL libs. In my case, I have:

ls -l /usr/lib64/libGL.*
	/usr/lib64/libGL.so -> libGL.so.1.2.0
	/usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.2.0
	/usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.2.0

so this does not seem to be the problem. I also checked that /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so exists. The test “LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxgears” yields the same swrast error.

Do you have any ideas about what could be happening?

Thanks a lot in advance

Juan J. Meléndez Martínez
Associate Professor
Department of Physics
University of Extremadura
Avda. de Elvas, s/n 06006 Badajoz (Spain)
Phone: +34 924 28 96 55
Fax: +34 924 28 96 51
Email: melendez at unex.es <mailto:melendez at unex.es>
Web: materiales.unex.es/miembros/personal/jj-melendez/Index.html