[xcrysden] Fermi surface visualisation error

Gautam Anand anandgautam6 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:16:50 CET 2019

Hi,
I have recently installed XCrySDen using macports. I am getting following
error when I am trying to visualise the fermi surface:
Error message start:

xp_import_surface: assertion failed: s == NULL

error: xp_import_surface returned: 2

xp_destroy_surface: assertion failed: s != NULL

xp_destroy_surface error: 3

X Error of failed request: 0

    Major opcode of failed request: 148

    ResourceID in failed request: 0x0

    Serial number of failed request: 12700
Error message ends here.

The internet search of such error suggests that it might be due to X11
server. Initially I had installed it from homebrew, but in view of solving
the above stated issue, I tried to install it via macports. But I am still
getting the same error message.
Can anyone please suggest me how to deal with this issue?

Thanks and regards,
Gautam Anand

--

*Dr. Gautam Anand*
Research Fellow,

There should not be any boundaries to human endeavour.... However bad life
may seem, while there is life, there is hope...... (SH)