[xcrysden] K-path output

Hud Wahab hudwahab at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:21:26 CEST 2019

Argh. I thought I did try both kpf and pwscf. Ok, that works thanks!

Hud
On 5/23/2019 4:12:06 AM, Gavin Abo <gsabo at crimson.ua.edu> wrote:
The .kpf gives XCrySDen's general information format:

http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/kpath.html [http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/kpath.html]

Do you need .pwscf?

In XCrySDen 1.5.60:

1. Clicked File -> Open PWscf... -> Open PWscf Output File
2. Selected the nscf.out that you attached, then clicked OK
3. Selected "do not reduce dimensionality", then clicked OK
4. Clicked Continue
5. Clicked Tools -> k-path Selection
6. Clicked Close
7. Selected k-path points, then clicked OK
8. For "Total number of k-points along the path", put 300
9. Clicked OK
10. For "File name", used: test.pwscf
11. Clicked Save, then clicked Close
12. It gave the attached test.pwscf with 299 k-points