[xcrysden] Anti-aliasing not working in version 1.6.2 on MacOS 10.15

Mehmet Doğan mhmtdogan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 06:58:06 CEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

I am a long-time user of XCrysDen, however, after upgrading my OS, I
installed XCrysDen version 1.6.2 on MacOS 10.15, and realized that
anti-aliasing doesn't work properly. When I turn it on and off, there is no
visual difference, except that the atoms slightly shift left and right.
Playing with the anti-aliasing settings doesn't make any difference. Every
other function that I've tried seems to be working as expected. I installed
it using 3 different methods (precompiled, macports, fink), and they're all
identical as far as I can tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mehmet Dogan
Postdoc, UC Berkeley