[xcrysden] installation issue in windows with Cygwin

Matic matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:02:54 CEST 2020

Dear Clarence,

what you are missing is to add the path to libtogl2.0.dll to your PATH
variable in the terminal (this is a cygwin specific issue):

make sure that  libtogl2.0.dll is in /usr/lib/ and  add the line:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib

to your ~/.bashrc and then:

source ~/.bashrc

Hope this helps,

Best,

Matic Poberznik

> Dear Developer,
>
> I am trying to install xcrysden in windows 10 using cygwin but I am
> getting
> an error:
>
> XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/home/Clarence/xcrysden-1.6.2-bin-shared
> XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/tmp
>
> D:/cygwin64/home/Clarence/xcrysden-1.6.2-bin-shared/bin/xcrys.exe:
> error while l
> oading shared libraries: libTogl2.0.dll: cannot open shared object
> file: No such
>  file or directory
>
> I am using windows 10, I can run xcrysden-1.5.60, but I cann't run
> xcrysden-1.6.2.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Clarence

Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia