[xcrysden] Problems running xcrysden without screen shots

Izquierdo, Manuel manuel.izquierdo at xfel.eu
Wed Oct 7 16:27:33 CEST 2020

Hi there,

I am starting to use xcrysden on my local computer and after overcoming
the typical problems during installation:

1-      Error to open libTogl2.0.dll

2-      DISPLAY error

That I solved by editing the ~./bashrc and adding two lines:

1-      export PATH=$PATH:/lib/Togl2.0

2-      export DISPLAY=:0.0

I managed to run the ./xcrysden. However upon running I get the following
errors I do not know how to solve:

While executing ./xcrysden the Xming server I am using gives me the
following error:

ERROR: while executing
exec/cygdrive/cygwin64/xcrysden-1.2.2-bin-shared/bin/ftnu

The error info says:

C:/cygwin64/xcrysden-1.6.2-bin-shared/bin/ftnunit.exe: error while loading
shared libraries: cyggfortran-4.dll: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

However the library it was installed by cygwin64 in:
C:\cygwin64\usr\i686-pc-cygwin\sys-root\usr\bin

I can acknowledge the error and the XCrysDen window opens

However when I try to load a file, I started with a xsf structure from the
examples I get the following error

ERROR: while executing
exec/cygdrive/cygwin64/xcrysden-1.2.2-bin-shared/bin/gen geom 0 1 11 1 1 1
1 xc_gengeom.1304/tmp/xc_1304/GaAsH.xsf.raw

The detail info says:

C:/cygwin64/xcrysden-1.6.2-bin-shared/bin/gengeom.exe: error while loading
shared libraries: cyggfortran-4.dll: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Could you please let me know how I could solve the problem? It seem is
related to the path of the cyggfortran-4.dll but I do not think I can
redefine a different path for this library without affecting the opening
of the libTogl2.0.dll one

Thanks in advance for your help

Manuel