[xcrysden] [EXTERNAL] Re: Problem with installing xcrysden on Mac OS 10.17.7 (Catalina) (Vo, Trinh T)

Vo, Trinh T (US 398K) trinh.vo at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 14 21:57:45 CEST 2021

Dear Prof. Wood,

Thank you very much for your message.  Yes, in the past I used macports to install Xcrysden.   I had conflict with Home Brew.  Macports supports a number of software, but some others it does not, and I installed Home Brew to install those software , but then Macports is deactivated.   Only one is allowed to be active.  I still can use Xcrysden, but for some libraries, they are duplicated in different locations.  Therefore, for my new laptop, I intended to compile from source, but then I have other problems.  Let me try to work around if I can solve the problem.  If not, I will install Macports and then Xcrysden.

Thanh you,

Trinh