[xcrysden] Error in running xcrysden: Exec format error

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:56:34 CEST 2021

As seen at [1], xcrysden-1.6.2-linux_x86_64-shared.tar.gz is for a Linux
distribution [2] that is 64 bit.

As seen at [3-4], the "Exec format error" might be from trying to run a
64 bit executable in an operating system that only runs 32 bit executables.

You mentioned using a previous version of XCrySDen.  Have you perhaps
tried installing XCrySDen with your package manager (e.g., see [5]),
tried installing the xc-1.5.24-linux_x86-semishared.tar.gz for 32 bit
that is on the webpage at [1], or tried to compile the
xcrysden-1.6.2.tar.gz from source [6] to see if one of those works
should you be using a Linux distribution that is 32 bit?

[1] http://www.xcrysden.org/Download.html
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions
[3]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66970902/getting-the-error-bash-program-cannot-execute-binary-file-exec-format-erro