[xcrysden] Error: while executing exec sh optcoor

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Aug 2 09:25:15 CEST 2022

Dear Marcus,

Your pw.x output works OK on my side, hence I suspect the problem may
be the cygwin version of xcrysden (I do not have the access to any
cygwin machine at the moment, hence I cannot test it).

You may try to use the pwo2xsf.sh filter directly from the terminal to
see what you get, i.e., try these:

$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts/pwo2xsf.sh -ic h2o_vacuum_direct.out
$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts/pwo2xsf.sh -oc h2o_vacuum_direct.out
$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts/pwo2xsf.sh -a h2o_vacuum_direct.out

where $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR is the location of your xcrysden installation.
What do you get?

As an alternative to Cygwin, you may consider to use WSL on Windows
(default is Ubuntu and then you can use Ubuntu version of xcrysden).

Best regards,
Tone
--
Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia