[xcrysden] xcrysden not starting with errors

Andrea Bianchi andrea.bianchi at umontreal.ca
Thu Nov 10 19:59:42 CET 2022

I am using ubuntu 18 and installed xcrysden from

https://github.com/cmsi/MateriAppsLive/wiki/UsingMateriAppsInDebian-en

When I start it from the command line, a window flashes, and then I get a errors starting with

Executing: /usr/lib/xcrysden/ftnunit
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
   Major opcode of failed request: 0xfffffffff
   Serial number of failed redrequest: 774
X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
   Major opcode of failed request: 0xfffffffff
   Serial number of failed redrequest: 776
Error in startup script:
Couldn’t configure togl widget while executing

Any help would be much appreciated. Andrea