[xcrysden] Missing /.xcrysden folder and mpeg_encode failure

markus.becker85 at outlook.de markus.becker85 at outlook.de
Tue Sep 13 20:10:40 CEST 2022

Dear Tone,

I did create the .xcrysden folder and copied the custom_definitions file into it. In the file itself, I modified the following:

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# xcrysden can use several encoder programs for creating animated GIF
# (convert, gifsicle, whirlgif) and AVI/MPEG movies
# (mencoder/ppmtompeg)

#set xcMisc(gif_encoder)   convert
#set xcMisc(mpeg_encode) /home/Markus/xcrysden-1.6.2-bin-shared/bin/mpeg_encode

where the path is where my mpeg_encode is lying.

However, the Modify-->Animation Controls is still not working.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks and kind regards
Markus