[xcrysden] Missing /.xcrysden folder and mpeg_encode failure

markus.becker85 at outlook.de markus.becker85 at outlook.de
Wed Sep 14 13:39:17 CEST 2022

Dear Tone,

Now I editet the custom_definitions file as follows:

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# xcrysden can use several encoder programs for creating animated GIF
# (convert, gifsicle, whirlgif) and AVI/MPEG movies
# (mencoder/ppmtompeg)

#set xcMisc(gif_encoder)   convert
set xcMisc(mpeg_encode) /bin/mpeg_encode

I also checked that the path to the mpeg_encode.exe is correct. After starting the animation control, however, it still does not allow me to create a mpeg movie. Please see the attached figure of the control panel. Surprisingly, I can create an animated GIF file.

Kind regards
Markus