[xcrysden] XCrySDen installation for Windows

zubaer zubaexy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:52:07 CET 2007

Hi,

I am a very new user of XCrySDen. I am having problems in XCrySDen
installation for Windows. I am using compiled binary. When I open cygwin I
see its home directory as

C:\Documents and Settings\myname\

I see "XCrysDen" directory here and it has all the files like (bin, Awk,
contrib etc...). I have pasted xcConfigure files at ..\hossain2\
When in the cygwin window I type ./xcConfigure it shows

$ ./xcConfigure
./xcConfigure: line 39: cd: /cygdrive/c/Documents: No such file or directory
./xcConfigure: line 70: /cygdrive/c/Documents: No such file or directory

I dont know how could I solve this problem. To note I installed Tcl also.
And set path variables as suggested in the installation instructions. Is it
necessary to rename the folder 'XCrySDen' as '.xcrysden'?
I am sorry if I am asking stupid questions. I appreciate any help in this
regard.

Thanks,
Zubaer