[xcrysden] finally new xcrysden version

Juergen Spitaler juergen.spitaler at unileoben.ac.at
Wed Dec 10 16:09:17 CET 2008

Dear Tone,
I have been using and appreciating XCrysden for several
years. I think it is a really great visualization tool, so I am very
happy about the new release!

I wanted to report some ideas for improvement:
- Currently, "Save current state and structure" does not save
 forces. It would be nice if they could be saved as well
- I would appreciate a possibility to "hide" selected atoms
 in order to produce print-outs that focus on specific parts
 or species of a structure.
- I would also appreciate a possibility to give the zoom factor
 and rotations directly as numbers; for example
    > Zoom=+25
    > RotX=+12
    > RotY=-3
    > RotZ=+47
(I think the order of the rotation matters, so this could be more tricky
...)
This way  one could reconstruct a certain perspective and size of the
structure
directly. This would be especially helpful for comparing structures
which slightly differ from each other, where the
"Save current state and structure" menu does not do the job one wants.

Best wishes,
Juergen

--
Dr. Jürgen Spitaler