[xcrysden] finally new xcrysden version

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Dec 10 22:17:53 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 16:09 +0100, Juergen Spitaler wrote:
> Dear Tone,
> I have been using and appreciating XCrysden for several
> years. I think it is a really great visualization tool, so I am very
> happy about the new release!
>
> I wanted to report some ideas for improvement:
> - Currently, "Save current state and structure" does not save
>  forces. It would be nice if they could be saved as well

Indeed! Thanks. Added to TODO list (priority=high).

> - I would appreciate a possibility to "hide" selected atoms
>  in order to produce print-outs that focus on specific parts
>  or species of a structure.

Actually, it is on my wishlist to make kind of structure-builder
(but this is for several years so, can't promise when this will be
realized).

> - I would also appreciate a possibility to give the zoom factor
>  and rotations directly as numbers; for example
>     > Zoom=+25
>     > RotX=+12
>     > RotY=-3
>     > RotZ=+47
> (I think the order of the rotation matters, so this could be more tricky
> ...)

You may switch to discrete rotation-zooming mode, and then you can press
corresponding buttons in the sequence you want (is this what would you like to achieve?).

Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si>
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (tel:
+386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)