[xcrysden] xcd aborts maybe in conjunction with some libraries

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Feb 4 17:39:33 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 15:09 +0100, Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:
> Dear Tone and XCD users,
> since some recent updated of my system (maybe from openSUSE 11.0 to 11.1,
> or same later stage) I cannot run XCD anymore, as I get some very cryptic
> "Aborted" error messages. This holds for all binary versions

Did you try the 32bit version?

It is difficult to say what is goin on, but according to your debug
message seems it crashes due to Tcl/Tk not due to libGL (Mesa).

Does the plain tclsh8.5 (and wish8.5) work on your computer?
Does the $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/bin/xctclsh work?
Does the $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/bin/xcrys work?

Could you make me an account on your computer, so that I may check what
is going on?

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html