[xcrysden] xcd aborts maybe in conjunction with some libraries

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Thu Feb 5 10:59:26 CET 2009

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:39:33 +0100, Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si> wrote:
> Did you try the 32bit version?

yes, anyway, the same happens for the source version

> It is difficult to say what is goin on, but according to your debug
> message seems it crashes due to Tcl/Tk not due to libGL (Mesa).

> Does the plain tclsh8.5 (and wish8.5) work on your computer?
> Does the $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/bin/xctclsh work?

yes, well I get a % prompt, then I'm clueless

> Does the $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/bin/xcrys work?

yes, same as above, plus it creates a small empty window.

> Could you make me an account on your computer, so that I may check what
> is going on?

It's my laptop :-(, yet I can arrange an ssh session if you need it.

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)

     *** save italian brains ***