[xcrysden] Can several .xcf files be displayed at one picture?

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri Feb 20 12:03:32 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 11:48 +0100, Sebastijan Peljhan wrote:
> You may also merge the atomic coordinates that are listed under the flag
> ATOMS in .xsf file and create new .xsf file:
>
> ATOMS
> typei xi yi zi  from file i
> typej xj yj zj  from file j

In this case the xsf file describes a non-periodic structure, and the
only structure section in the file should be "ATOMS" (no
PRIMVEC/PRIMCOORD sections, see:
http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/XSF.html#__toc__3 )

I use this trick often when I want two structures side by side with the
same display size. In this case I merge the two structures as:

ATOMS
type1i x1i y1i z1i
type2i x2i y2i z2i   (from file i)
type1j x1j+dx y1j+dy z1j+dz
type2j x2j+dx y2j+dy z2j+dz   (from file j)

where (dx,dy,dz) is a suitable displacement vector for the 2nd
structure.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html