[xcrysden] about 2D data

Giovanni Cantele Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Wed Feb 25 17:05:00 CET 2009

> On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 06:07 +0800, lan haiping wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>>   I am wondering about 2d data displaying in xcryden.
>> I want to examine a 3D field contour along Z direction comparing with
>> a 2D quantity integrated along Z direction.   Then, can i display this
>> 2D
>> data with Xcrysden ? and how ?

As you may read here
http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/XSF.html#__toc__11
both 3D and 2D scalar fields can be visualised using XCrysDen. In
addition, 2D cuts of 3D scalar fields may be obtained.

I guess that for displaying both 2D and 3D, you must generate the two
XSF files and then properly append let's say the 2D scalar field (from
BEGIN_BLOCK_DATAGRID_2D to END_BLOCK_DATAGRID_2D ) at the end the other
file.

Hope this helps,

    Giovnni

--

Dr. Giovanni Cantele
Coherentia CNR-INFM and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche
E-mail: giovanni.cantele at cnr.it
        giovanni.cantele at na.infn.it
Web: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele
Research Group: http://www.nanomat.unina.it