[xcrysden] about 2D data

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Feb 25 17:19:53 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 17:05 +0100, Giovanni Cantele wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 06:07 +0800, lan haiping wrote:
> >
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >>   I am wondering about 2d data displaying in xcryden.
> >> I want to examine a 3D field contour along Z direction comparing with
> >> a 2D quantity integrated along Z direction.   Then, can i display this
> >> 2D
> >> data with Xcrysden ? and how ?
> >>

> As you may read here
> http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/XSF.html#__toc__11
> both 3D and 2D scalar fields can be visualised using XCrysDen. In
> addition, 2D cuts of 3D scalar fields may be obtained.
>
> I guess that for displaying both 2D and 3D, you must generate the two
> XSF files and then properly append let's say the 2D scalar field (from
> BEGIN_BLOCK_DATAGRID_2D to END_BLOCK_DATAGRID_2D ) at the end the other
> file.

This is true, but it is also true that then you cannot display both of
them simultaneously, unfortunately. Xcrysden only allows for the display
of a single field at the time (i.e. the one selected in the "Datagrid"
popup window).

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html