[xcrysden] xcrysden Windows installation fails

Jonas Baltrusaitis jasius_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 05:22:16 CET 2009

Hi,

I am trying to install newest version on Windows xp (not 64 bit). I have Cygwin installed which I launch from cd and load it. The run ./xcConfigre.sh and follow instruction. The problem is creating custom-definitions folder:

  creating new /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Jonas/Desktop/.xcrysden/custom-definitions ... cp: copying multiple files, but last argument `Settings/Jonas/Desktop/.xcrysden/custom-definitions' is not a directory

and then at the end I don;t know what to do with loading the bash source:

xcrysden16> echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
xcrysden16> source ~/.bashrc
bash: /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Jonas/Desktop/.bashrc: No such file or directory
xcrysden16>

and of course with these two problems typing xcrysden gives me command not found

Could anybody help me out with that?

thanks

Jonas Baltrusaitis
University of Iowa