[xcrysden] xcrysden Windows installation fails

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri Jan 9 08:43:04 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 20:22 -0800, Jonas Baltrusaitis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install newest version on Windows xp (not 64 bit). I have Cygwin installed which I launch from cd and load it. The run ./xcConfigre.sh and follow instruction. The problem is creating custom-definitions folder:
>
>   creating new /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Jonas/Desktop/.xcrysden/custom-definitions ... cp: copying multiple files, but last argument `Settings/Jonas/Desktop/.xcrysden/custom-definitions' is not a directory

The problem are the whitespaces in the path (i.e. Documents and
Settings). It is strange that the $HOME variable points to this place.
As a default it should be something line /home/jonas. Anyway ~/.xcrysden
directory is optional, and xcrysden should run without running
xcConfigure.sh script. But it will not work if it is installed under
path that contains whitespaces.

So install it to some place without whitespaces in the path.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html