[xcrysden] xcrysden Windows installation fails

Jonas Baltrusaitis jasius_1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 17:45:38 CET 2009

I will have to apologize for being overly active  in this forum for a while but I can't seem to open anything with xcrysden: not input nor outputs of pwscf. The most common error is below. I am runnign the newest version Linux 64 bit which I am running remotely from Cygwin based windows computer

In fact, it gives thesame error when I try to open the pwscf output file in the /xcrysden/test/data folder

Could anybody shed some light?

thanks

Jonas

bad window path name ".a1"
bad window path name ".a1"
    while executing
"raise $pw(disptext) ."
    (procedure "pwPreset" line 70)
    invoked from within
"pwPreset $file Input "
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel 1 { pwPreset $file Input }"
    (procedure "pwInputPreset" line 46)
    invoked from within
"pwInputPreset /share/apps/scratch/atom-lsda/atom-lsda.in"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $preset $file"
    (procedure "openExtStruct" line 106)
    invoked from within
"openExtStruct 3 crystal external {sh /share/apps/xcrysden-1.6/scripts/pwi2xsf.sh} pwi2xsf.xsf_out {PWSCF Input} ANGS -preset pwInputPreset"
    invoked from within
".menu.vmfile.menu.opstr invoke active"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
    (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 50)
    invoked from within
"tk::MenuInvoke .menu.vmfile.menu.opstr 1"
    (command bound to event)