[xcrysden] xcrysden Windows installation fails

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Jan 12 09:16:47 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 08:45 -0800, Jonas Baltrusaitis wrote:
> I will have to apologize for being overly active  in this forum for a while but I can't seem to open anything with xcrysden: not input nor outputs of pwscf. The most common error is below. I am runnign the newest version Linux 64 bit which I am running remotely from Cygwin based windows computer
>
> In fact, it gives thesame error when I try to open the pwscf output file in the /xcrysden/test/data folder
>
> Could anybody shed some light?
>
> thanks
>
> Jonas
>
> bad window path name ".a1"
> bad window path name ".a1"
>     while executing

I have never seen an error like that. Please run xcrysden as:

xcrysden -T >& log

and proceed to produce this error. Then send me the log file.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html