[xcrysden] exec: wish: not found

Jonas Baltrusaitis jasius_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 03:21:36 CET 2009

I just realized when I click reply it goes back not ti the list but to the author.

So here it is: I download newest 1.6 Cygwin version go through ./xcConfigure succesfully and when I launch xcrysden I get this

exec: wish: not found

I've read that this means tcl not installed. But I thought 1.6 cygwin version was fully linked to tcl and any installation of it wasn't needed. Could anybody give next steps I should proceed with?

thanks

Jonas

xc14> xcrysden

|****************************************************************|
|*                                                              *|
|*  XCrySDen - (X-Window) CRYstalline Structures and DENsities  *|
|*              =         ===         =              ===        *|
|*--------------------------------------------------------------*|
|*                                                              *|
|*    Anton Kokalj (Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si)                         *|
|*    Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia               *|
|*                                                              *|
|*    Copyright (c) 1996--2004 by Anton Kokalj                  *|
|*                                                              *|
|****************************************************************|

  Version: 1.5.18

  Please report bugs to: Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si

  TERMS OF USE:
  XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.

  Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
  publications, it shall be greatly appreciated to include an explicit
  reference. The preferred form is the following:

  [ref] A. Kokalj, Comp. Mater. Sci., Vol. 28, p. 155, 2003.
        Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.

XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/cygdrive/c/xc16
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/cygdrive/c/xc16/xcrys_tmp

exec: wish: not found