[xcrysden] installation of xcrys prelease 1.6

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Mar 18 13:22:42 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 09:31 +0100, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:
> I recently tried to do the same. Even if I successfully compiled xcrysden, later I could
> not use it, since I had a problem with the X11 system. The same problem was reported before:
> http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2007-May/000375.html
> and I suppose it has not been solved in the meantime.

Because there is nothing to be solved (as far as I know). This is simply related to what
you are describing below:

> The problem of your compile may be related to the fact that you're linking to Apple's GL.
> If you really want to compile the source, you should install an external GL (e.g. from
> MacPorts or Fink or install it yourself) and link to that (please have a look at
> Make.macosx-x11.README in system/).

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html