[xcrysden] installation of xcrys prelease 1.6

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Wed Mar 18 14:01:32 CET 2009

Tone Kokalj wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 09:31 +0100, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:
>> I recently tried to do the same. Even if I successfully compiled xcrysden, later I could
>> not use it, since I had a problem with the X11 system. The same problem was reported before:
>> http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2007-May/000375.html
>> and I suppose it has not been solved in the meantime.
>
> Because there is nothing to be solved (as far as I know). This is simply related to what
> you are describing below:
>
>> The problem of your compile may be related to the fact that you're linking to Apple's GL.
>> If you really want to compile the source, you should install an external GL (e.g. from
>> MacPorts or Fink or install it yourself) and link to that (please have a look at
>> Make.macosx-x11.README in system/).

If I correctly understood the meaning of that file, one could correctly compile if linking
with GL libraries other than Apple ones and then run using Apple X11 server. The first
step was successfull, but the second wasn't in my case.
Do I need to install another X11 server (for instance macports one) in order to make it work?

Thanks,

Gabriele

--

| Gabriele Sclauzero, PhD Student                  |