[xcrysden] quality of the images

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Wed May 20 09:35:14 CEST 2009

In data 20 maggio 2009 alle ore 05:45:13, sara yazdani
<sarayazdani at yahoo.com> ha scritto:
> 1. I need the images to be in high resolution, but although I followed
> the tricks you have mentioned for the quality still the saved files are
> not in high resolution. Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Images saved by xcrysden are technically screenshots, unless you try and
use the direct postscript rendering (which can produce very heavy images,
but may help). The only additional trick, which is not noticed in Tone's
FAQ is to increase the size of the X screen beyond the size of the monitor
(so that you can maximize xcd up to a huge size). It can be done in every
version of linux, but may require a bit of config file editing.

> 2. Also, another problem is how to insert these files in MS Word. I have
> produced my images in linux, but when i insert them in MS Word, they
> lose their quality drastically.

Provided I don't have Microsoft office, I know it can digest some image
formats better than others. Probably there are some options you can change
to prevent it from compressing the images, but it would be far too
expensive for me to find them.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto