[xcrysden] Problem executing xcrysden

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed May 27 11:06:58 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 21:24 +0200, Edouard Duriau wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I am new to XCrysDen so I am not yet familiar with all of the
> subtelties of the software.
> Thus, here is my problem:
>
> I have correctely installed CygWin (including all of the packages)
> then the binary package of XrysDen 1.5.18 (I tried to install ver.
> 1.4.1 but the archive was broken)
> Then I have run ./xcConfigure and configured it correctely.
>
> Afterwards I have of course executed xcrysden then I got this error
> message after a few lines:
> "xcrysden: line 204: exec: wish: not found"

This is because you did not install all the packages that are required
for xcrysden. In particular, the above error tells that the tcltk
package is not installed.

Here is the list of all needed cygwin packages:

          * bash
          * bc
          * coreutils
          * gawk
          * grep
          * gzip
          * ImageMagick
          * less
          * more
          * opengl
          * tcltk

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html