[xcrysden] Atomic labels in eps printing

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Wed May 27 18:02:20 CEST 2009

Tone Kokalj wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 17:40 +0200, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:
>> Has anyone tried to include the atomic labels in an eps format printing? I first enabled
>> atomic labels display (pressing the s key, for instance), then printed to eps. The atomic
>> labels do not appear in the output postscript (while they are present for instance in the
>> corresponding png). Is this a problem of my installation or is a common issue?
>
> It is a general issue. In the "vectorial" EPS atomic labels are ignored
> (they are bitmaps). As you figured out, use e.g. PNG format if you want

But in principle the gl2ps can use postscript fonts for the text, can't it?
 From the website geuz.org/gl2ps I see that there is a function gl2psText which outputs
text. Could it be possible to loop over the positions of atomic labels and call this
function to add the text in the eps file?

It would be more useful for me to have a postscript with labels, since I want to further
modify the output without leaving the eps format (since at the end I would have to convert
it to eps again).

Thanks,

Gabriele

--

| Gabriele Sclauzero, PhD Student                  |