[xcrysden] Atomic labels in eps printing

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri May 29 09:21:40 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 18:02 +0200, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:

> Tone Kokalj wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 17:40 +0200, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:
> >> Has anyone tried to include the atomic labels in an eps format printing? I first enabled
> >> atomic labels display (pressing the s key, for instance), then printed to eps. The atomic
> >> labels do not appear in the output postscript (while they are present for instance in the
> >> corresponding png). Is this a problem of my installation or is a common issue?
> >
> > It is a general issue. In the "vectorial" EPS atomic labels are ignored
> > (they are bitmaps). As you figured out, use e.g. PNG format if you want
>
> But in principle the gl2ps can use postscript fonts for the text, can't it?
>  From the website geuz.org/gl2ps I see that there is a function gl2psText which outputs
> text. Could it be possible to loop over the positions of atomic labels and call this
> function to add the text in the eps file?

Gabriele, you answered your question. I believe it can be done, but it
have to be coded.

You may even try yourself. Start with the
$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/C/gl2psPrintTogl.c file.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html