[xcrysden] Installation of xcrysden

Fendy Lovefaith xyzfxbd at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 05:40:53 CET 2010

Dear 陈伟槟 ,,,,Anton Kokalj,,,,and XCrysden mailing list

I have returned now and I read the email from 陈伟槟 and the big boss Anton Kokalj,,,,

Now I understand that the xc-1.5.17-linux_x86-semishared.tar.gz is a compiled package.....However I found some strange result on my system,,,,so I type like this

[revival at localhost ~]$ source ~/.bashrc
bash: TMOUT: readonly variable

Then I try to type xcrysden,,,,and this is the result :

[revival at localhost ~]$ xcrysden

|****************************************************************|
|*                                                              *|
|*  XCrySDen - (X-Window) CRYstalline Structures and DENsities  *|
|*              =         ===         =              ===        *|
|*--------------------------------------------------------------*|
|*                                                              *|
|*    Anton Kokalj (Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si)                         *|
|*    Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia               *|
|*                                                              *|
|*    Copyright (c) 1996--2004 by Anton Kokalj                  *|
|*                                                              *|
|****************************************************************|

  Version: 1.5.17

  Please report bugs to: Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si

  TERMS OF USE:
  -------------
  XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.

  Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
  publications, it shall be greatly appreciated to include an explicit
  reference. The preferred form is the following:

  [ref] A. Kokalj, Comp. Mater. Sci., Vol. 28, p. 155, 2003.
        Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.

TCL_LIBRARY=/home/revival/XCrySDen-1.5.17-bin-semishared/external/lib/tcl8.5
XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/home/revival/XCrySDen-1.5.17-bin-semishared
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/home/revival/xcrys_temp

Running on platform: unix
Executing: /home/revival/XCrySDen-1.5.17-bin-semishared/bin/ftnunit
/home/revival/XCrySDen-1.5.17-bin-semishared/xcrysden: line 211: 14571 Aborted                 ${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/bin/xcrys ${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/Tcl/xcInit.tcl $USE -- $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR $XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH $ARGS > /dev/null

I can not understand the meaning of the error message written above.....Is it mean that something is missing with the $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR and $XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH???

I think I need a help again to figure out what's wrong with my way of installation.......

Thanks so much for everyone who helps until now

GBU