[xcrysden] Error printing to JPEG

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri Feb 19 19:34:14 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 11:08 +0100, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:
> Dear Fendy,
>
> Fendy Lovefaith wrote:
> > Dear everyone
> >
> > I open a xsf structure file and I try to print it to JPEG file but some
> > error occurred......This is the error message :
> >
> > ERROR : while executing exec /usr/bin/convert
> > /home/revival/xcrys_temp/xc_5886/tmp.ppm /home/revival/File-file
> > konversi/LOCPOT.jpg
> >
> > I'm sure I have installed ImageMagick-6.5.6-10 and I have the exec file
> > in /usr/bin/convert,,,,,and I already change the
> > ~/.xcrysden/|custom-definitions file and I add two line like below|
> >
> > set xcMisc(ImageMagick.convert) /usr/bin/convert
>
> In my custom-definitions file I have this line
> set xcMisc(ImageMagick.converter) /usr/bin/convert
> and it seems to work.

This is wrong. The proper variable name is xcMisc(ImageMagick.convert)
and not "converter". The reason it works is because the 1.5.* version
finds the packages automatically, and the specification of
xcMisc(ImageMagick.convert) is redundant (or optional).

Fendy, did you check that your ImageMagick indeed works as expected?
Find a given, say PNG, graphics file and try to convert it manually as:

convert file.png file.jpg

Does it work? If it does then you may try to convert some PPM file
(i.e. take it from xcrysden scratch directory,
e.g., /home/revival/xcrys_temp/xc_****/tmp.ppm)

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html