[xcrysden] More on: Installation of XCrySDen under Mac OSX snow leopard

Jian-Xin Zhu jxzhu at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 28 01:03:39 CEST 2010

Dear David,

Thanks a lot. With your help, I just installed XCrySDen 1.5.21
successfully on Snow Leopard.
I don't see the flicker but I do notice that the color contrast and
font style (now thinner) of the
interface are different from those in version 1.5.17.
Otherwise, it looks fine (not dig deep yet).

Regards,

Jianxin

On Jul 27, 2010, at 2:07 PM, David M. Wood wrote:

> Please see:
>
> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/423
>
> for the origins of problems I mentioned with XQuartz 2.5.2.  These
> give rise to errors of the sort
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  147 (GLX)
>  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
>  Serial number of failed request:  566
>  Current serial number in output stream:  566
>
> The PRELIMINARY patched bins (for Leopard AND Snow Leopard), to
> which there are links at the bottom of the page mentioned, should be
> placed in
>
> /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS
>
> renamed to X11.bin, then made executable via chmod a+x *.bin
>
> and you can then use XQuartz with XCD 1.5.21
>
> The damnably flickering [a stead re-update? hardware acceleration?]
> with XCD display contents persists, alas.
>
> David M. Wood
> dmwood at Mines.EDU

Jian-Xin Zhu, Ph.D
Theorertical Division, MS B262