[xcrysden] running XCrysden on SUSE 11.2 (64 bit) error

Tobias Burnus burnus at net-b.de
Thu Mar 4 10:11:38 CET 2010

Hi,

On 03/04/2010 08:45 AM, Masoud Nahali wrote:
> I had many problems to compile XCrysden in SUSE 11.2 (64 bit) and
> Tobias suggested using the pre-compiled i586 in this link :
> http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE:11.2&p=1&q=XCrySDen
> <http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE:11.2&p=1&q=XCrySDen>
I think in this case it could be rather a packaging or dependency
problem than a real xcrysden issue.

> when I write ./xcrysden I see the graphic page of Xcrysden only for 1
> second [...]
>
> ls: cannot access /usr/share/tcl/bwidget*: No such file or directory

Can you check whether "bwidget" is installed by running "rpm -q
bwidget". It should due to the dependency of the .rpm. If it doesn't,
can you install "bwidget" and try again?
As the RPM contains:
Requires: bwidget gawk ImageMagick netpbm
this should not fail.

If it worked, can you run:
rpm -ql bwidget|grep widget.tcl
Here, with openSUSE Factory, it prints:
/usr/share/tcl/bwidget1.9.0/widget.tcl
However, this should also not be the issue as also openSUSE 11.2 has
bwidget in the smae directory.

Can you run "cat /etc/SuSE-release" to confirm that you use openSUSE 11.2?

Tobias