[xcrysden] XcrysDen failed to load

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Fri Nov 12 12:38:04 CET 2010

On 11/12/2010 04:14 AM, Mahmoud Payami Shabestari wrote:
> Dear Tone,
>
> I have installed XCrysden on a pc with mandriva OS. Everything is ok, my
> .bashrc is modified accordingly. However, when I try to launch, the small
> xcrysden windows shows up itself but then dies off. The following message
> is appeared on the screen:
>
> Running on platform: unix
> Executing: /home/mahmoud/XCrySDen-1.4.1bin-static/bin/ftnunit

Besides what Lorenzo said, I think the problem might be here as well. In
the static version of xcrysden, the fntunit program is linked against an
old f77 library which might not be present on your system. Try to run
ftnunit alone and see what happens, or try "ldd
${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/bin/fntunit". If this is the case there are 2
possible solutions: (i) add the library to your system, or (ii)
recompile the source ftnunit.F using your system compiler and replace
the executable.

HTH

GS
> /home/mahmoud/XCrySDen-1.4.1bin-static/xcrysden: line 163:  1274 Aborted
>                 ${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/bin/xcrys
> ${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/Tcl/xcInit.tcl $USE -- $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR
> $XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH $ARGS>  /dev/null
>
> I would be grateful if you please help me to fix it.
> Best regards,
> Mahmoud Payami,
> Physics Group, AEOI, Tehran, Iran.

Gabriele Sclauzero, EPFL SB ITP CSEA